Monday, February 9, 2015

-Sydney Taylor Bruning - Part Two - Year Two -

Saturday was two years.

Time flies baby girl.

I can hardly believe it has been two years since I said goodbye to you. I can still see your bright red lips that I could see from across the room. I can still feel the hole in my chest when I saw you laying there. When I looked at you and just prayed that your eyes would open... But they didn't.

I saw a picture of you a couple weeks ago and it made me smile. I think for a split second I forgot you were gone. I saw the smile on your face and it felt like you were still here. I would give anything for that. I hope you know that I love you and I still miss you. I always will. The pain that I felt will never leave my memory. The pain is lesser now, but I still remember just how powerful it was. I still remember it.. and I always will.

Sydney, I hope you're doing okay up there. I know that you are safe and in good hands. That's what makes me happy. I know you are going to be okay and I know you are okay. I hope you are looking out for us down here. We love you syd. I hope you know that,


Red lips and a laugh to fill a room,

A beautiful smile,

A beautiful girl.

She made the day brighter

She made the night more cheerful.

She knew how to make you smile

She knew how to keep your spirits up

Then one day we lost her.

We lost her laugh

and her smile

and her spirit.

But we will always remember those red lips

we will always remember her laugh

we will always remember her smile

we will always remember Sydney Taylor Bruning.



No comments:

Post a Comment