Friday, May 16, 2014

(date in a box)

So I made another box for Mr. Nicolas! I love making these boxes so much! Its a way I can be in Idaho even when I'm not really there.... ya feel? So this one was way fun! I did a "date in a box"! I am honestly so proud of how much effort I put into this (he better appreciate it too!). I started to make another box, but I didn't like how it was turning out so I completely changed it and went with this idea instead! 

So I started with the box! The theme is movie night so I looked through some pins on pinterest and saw some cute ideas and I put my own twist on them and then got to work! 

For the inside, I wanted it to look like kind of like stars, but the stars you see when you rub your eyes too hard, then you end up seeeing slight color in the 'stars' that appear. So I just did black paper and got some metallic stars and randomly placed them in groupings spreading outwards. 


Then I continued the stars up onto the movie night sign! This is where I basically put the title of the box since it is at the top and in the center. I also continued the stars on black paper long all the inside walls of the box. 


The bottom panel kept to the colors of the box, but was a little more personal so I wrote "someone in Virginia loves you" as pictured above. 


For the left side panel I did a popcorn bag! Cuz whats better than a bag of popcorn for a movie night? I took a white sheet of card-stock and then cut out red strips of paper and used them as the stripes for the popcorn bag. I then took yellow paper and just did round bumps to make it look similar to popcorn. Then I just topped it off with a popcorn label and put black paper behind it! 


For the right side panel I put a film strip. I just put black paper for the base and then used white paper to create the film strip look. I then took yellow and red paper to make a burst like in action movies (I dunno I thought it would look cute and bring in some color) Then I just put some random stars in the strip to break up the white on the film. 



Then its time to prep for all the goodies that go inside! 


So I started by making this sign with his name and then taking a few pictures with it, I will need this picture for later on! I just took the pictures in front of my house so it was nice and simple.  


^^^this is the picture I used later on as a component for the box! 


I made a sign that I would put at the very top once the box was finished and I wrote a letter and put it right underneath it so this would be the first thing he see's when he opens the box! 


# 1 on the date in a box list was 'Music for the car ride." 
These are the lyrics of a song that I wrote for him (which he hasn't actually heard yet). So I gave him the lyrics and wrote a side note beneath the number saying that he will hear it when he see's me! 
(In 14 weeks I might add!)


# 2 on the date in a box list is 'Smiles, cheesy jokes, and pick-up lines' 
So I labeled it on the outside and put the picture I showed earlier for the 'smiles' part. 


Then on the inside I put the cheesy jokes and pick-up lines! 

Why did sally fall off the swing?
..she had no arms
Knock Knock 
(Who's there?) 
Not Sally. 


# 3 (and the most important) 'Snacks for the movie' I included some random snacks and I know he loves almonds so I threw some of those in there too! I had so many snacks I couldn't really rope them together like I did with the Oreo's so I made little labels that said 'And more.." to tie them together...figuratively.


Then to share I threw in five extra packs of Oreo's so that he could share with his roomies! I hope he actually shares.. that would be why I put their names on them hoping that will push him to actually share them..


# 4 'Reminisce on old memories' I drew this amateur comic about the first night we met... and kissed. I thought it turned out pretty cute so I tied a bow on it and put it in the box. 


# 5 'Homemade dessert' I made a chocolate trail mix type of thing.. I did popcorn, pretzels, almonds, and m&m's all covered in chocolate! This was before I put it in the bag because the chocolate was hardening when I was taking pictures! 


# 6 'Goodnight kiss' This jar is full of Hershey kisses. It may not be as good as a real kiss, but it sure is sweet like one, right? 


And that's everything! I wish it was a real date, but I will see him soon enough! I loved putting this box together and I can't wait until he gets it because then I can actually post this! 
(I wouldn't want to ruin the surprise!) 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment