Friday, August 2, 2013

-Missionary Survival Kit-

So this survival kit is very special to me. I will be sending this off to Jonathan. He may have received it by the time this post goes up because I cant post this until he gets it otherwise it will spoil the surprise:) Here are the instructions and supplies you will need to create your very own Missionary Survival Kit! Enjoy!

First you will need a tin lunch box. Mine is relatively small. It doesn't matter the color because you will be spray painting it black. If you find a black one it would be perfect!


Then you will need to create these labels. I created mine using the program 'paint' on my computer. You can also find downloadable tags on google. So I made them and printed out two, (pictured below) one with "Missionary Survival Kit" on it and the other with "Elder _______"
I then cut it out and laminated the tag. you don't have to laminate it because you can also 'mod podge' the tag to the tin lunch box. I then glued the tag on either side with "tacky glue"

I then lined the inside with scrapbook paper and glued it on with "tacky glue" (below)



....the wet spot was the body wash I included in all the goodies... it leaked.. (I recommend putting them in plastic baggies to prevent this mishap.


I then included a picture of myself and a picture of the Savior. I used one of my senior pictures and I used a "pass along" card and just cut out the picture.



Then it is time for the goodies! I included lots of travel sized items!
  • Downy Wrinkle Release
  • Sewing Kit
  • Chapstick
  • Lotion
  • Mouthwash
  • AXE
  • Hand Sanitizer
  • Body Wash
  • Band-Aids
  • Tide To-Go
  • Sticky Notes
  • Letters


I then used little thank you card envelopes to write my letters:) They were small enough to fit inside my lunch box. I cut out paper the size of the card and wrote on them front and back.


I then picked themes to write about and when he should open the letters. Example: Open when you first arrive, Open when you're having "one of those days," Open when you have your first baptism, etc. I then wrote what I thought would help him through whatever was happening that day.


Time to pack up!
it may take a little bit of thought to fit all the goodies in. Just keep moving stuff around until you can get it to fit!


Lastly put the letters on top and close her up!


Missions are a very important thing to me and I am so glad Jonathan is going! He will be in Calgary, Canada. I am so excited for him. This gift does take some time, but it is really fun and totally worth it! Have fun on your mission Jonathan!



xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment