Friday, August 30, 2013

Temporal.

So I have no pictures to go with this blog post, but oh well we will have to survive without them. Anyways I've been thinking a lot lately about our temporary state... now this topic can range from being sick for a small amount of time to this earth life being so temporal... but I've been thinking more along the lines of college. People say college is the best time of their lives and I hope they are right. school thus far has honestly been my personal hell... sorry for the language, but it really has.. I hated every second of it. The only place I could go to for some safety was to writing. It was the only place I felt safe. No one could get inside my mind and make me write something I wasn't thinking. It was something that was all mine... but anyways that's not what this is supposed to be about!

Today I said goodbye to some of the cutest kids of all time. I've been babysitting them since I was like eleven... I've watched their family go though struggles and then all of the sudden, BOOM, kids! They are the sweetest people I have ever met, but this isn't goodbye. its see you later. I am very grateful for that...

Then I got to thinking when I left heaven I like to believe Heavenly Father gave me a hug just before I left him to go down to earth. I know he didn't say goodbye he said "see you later." he probably cringed at the thought of putting a (at the time) perfect soul down into such a wicked world. He knew I wouldn't make good choices, but he was still willing to let me fall down and get back up and learn... that must be the hardest thing about being a parent... watching your children do things on their own and watching them fail and get upset just because they didn't succeed. Although when we are with our children we can encourage them to get back up and comfort them. Whereas Heavenly Father has to watch from quite a distance. He cant wrap us up in his arms when we get hurt or kiss our 'boo boo's" when we fall... The only power he has is the Holy Ghost. Now the Holy Ghost is very powerful, but for those who don't have the opportunity to learn and feel the Holy Ghost it must be that much harder for Him to watch, but he knows this is temporal. He knows we will be back soon, but it doesn't mean its not painful to watch. Temporal is the key word here. Everything is temporal. The only thing that lasts forever is Eternal Life. And that is the single reason I know everything will be okay. I may have screwed up now, but I can still have Eternal life. I may feel tortured now, but it is all temporal.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment